BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

[Honors] The Lonely RES

(Click to enlarge)


        On March 1, 2011, I went to LA Arboretum for Webb Urban Field Trip with my peers and teachers. Rather than focusing on the fascinating plants and flowers, I focused more on the animals that inhabit in this area. I took this photo of a pond sized adult Red Eared Slider basking on a stone when I walked by a lake. Decided not to chase after its friends, this turtle was stretching itself for the best sunning position, and was definitely enjoying the sunlight. It might even be thinking thankfully to the nature for a wonderful day. At that moment, it did not have to worry about food, since at this sturdy size, this turtle is ready to face the challenges of the lake. The tranquility of this shot makes me calmed, and gives me a feel that the lonely RES enjoys its life and has found its inner peace.

0 comments: